Per the World Health Organization (WHO), coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus.
Most people infected with the COVID-19 virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without requiring special treatment. Older people, and those with underlying medical problems like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, and cancer are more likely to develop serious illness.
The best way to prevent and slow down transmission is be well informed about the COVID-19 virus, the disease it causes and how it spreads. Protect yourself and others from infection by washing your hands or using an alcohol based rub frequently and not touching your face.
The COVID-19 virus spreads primarily through droplets of saliva or discharge from the nose when an infected person coughs or sneezes, so it’s important that you also practice respiratory etiquette (for example, by coughing into a flexed elbow).
Additional Resources and/or Links:
Syptoms and testin of COVID-19: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/symptoms-testing/share-facts.html
Guidance for homeless providers: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/community/homeless-shelters/pl...
COVID-19 in Racial and Ethnic Minority Groups: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/need-extra-precautions/racial-...
- CDC Eviction Moratoria: The CDC issued a national federal eviction moratorium that will extend rental protections until the end of the year. Renters facing eviction must sign a declaration and present it to their landlords as soon as possible in order to qualify. Learn more: https://www.opportunityhome.org/resources/national-federal-eviction-mora...
- StarTribune - Governor Walz announces halt to eviction proceedings: http://www.startribune.com/gov-walz-announces-halt-to-eviction-proceedings-amid-coronavirus/569034822/
- LawHelpMN - COVID-19: Court Changes for Housing, Family, and OFP Cases During the Pandemic: https://www.lawhelpmn.org/self-help-library/fact-sheet/covid-19-court-changes-housing-family-and-ofp-cases-during-pandemic
- Minnesota Multi Housing Association released guidelines that housing providers are recommended to follow during the COVID-19 outbreak to manage the financial challenges facing some renters and maintain the public health.
- Tenant Eviction Complaint Form: https://www.ag.state.mn.us/Office/Forms/TenantEvictionComplaint.asp
- Resources for people who don't have home internet or computer access: https://sppl.org/blogs/post/resources-for-people-who-dont-have-home-inte...
- Ramsey County Unsheltered Providers Weekly Meeting Notes and Updates folder: Ramsey County Weekly Unsheltered Partner Update